Your scalp needs time to heal following your scalp micropigmentation treatment to ensure the ink does not release from the skin. Please follow the after-care instructions written below. KB Scalp Micropigmentation BC does not accept any responsibility for the outcome of your SMP procedure if after care precautions are not followed.
Take it easy. Your scalp needs time to heal!
-No high activity work out that will cause increased heart rate and/or excessive sweating, such as running, working out, or playing any sports.
- No water, shampoo, lotions, creams, or any other products applied to the scalp. We will provide you with a disposable shower cap to wear in the shower to avoid getting your scalp wet.
-No razor blade shaving of the head. If there is flaking or scabbing do not shave for an additional 1-2 days following the first 72 hours.
-You may use a foil shaver to shave your head, but be gentle. Do not shave head if there is flaking or scabbing. If you want to be extra cautious, wait until day 10 to shave
- You may resume light activity, light showering (not allowing the stream of water to hit your head), and moisturizing the skin.
-Avoid sun exposure. Prolonged sun exposure, and burns, will fade the pigment, and may require additional touch ups. Touch ups due to sun exposure are not covered under the warranty, and are subject to additional fees. If you will be in the sun for a prolonged period of time, wear a hat.
-You may start using mattifying lotions. We would recommend using a mattifying sunscreen to reduce shine, and protect your investment.
-If you're going to be outdoors, wear sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher), or a hat.
-Do not swim in a pool, lake, ocean, or submerge the head in any water (including hot tubs, baths, floatation tanks)
- Do not spray tan or use tanning lotion
- Do not use a sauna or steam room
- Do not use any hair dyes or hair colours
Most importantly: take care of yourself. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.